SARAWAK INVITIONAL CREATIVE ARTS & FILM TOURISM INDUSTRY AWARDS or better known as SICAFA2022 aspires to bridge and connect the creative community, that comprises of those in filmmaking, multimedia applications (internet of things, website designers, courseware, interactive TV, YouTubers, computer games, email service providers, animation creators, graphic designers, visual communication, social media developers and virtual reality) with nationwide tourism industry, to promote every state in Malaysia as location and destination for filmmaking activities. Formerly known as SARAWAK INTERNATIONAL CREATIVE ARTS & FILM TOURISM AWARDS, SICAFA2022 is a brainchild of Sarawak based film tourism practitioner, who sees Malaysia can be transformed into the next hotspot for international filmmaking activities in Asia. The focus of SICAFA2022 is basically to create professional networking ties among tourism industry players with counterparts in creative economy sector. SICAFA2022 will be official platform to create National Film Destination Initiative MOU in Malaysia, staring next year. Unlike any other film award or festival, SICAFA2022 shun glamourous world of celebrities, but more to pride in fostering a relationship between film and creative community, tourism industry and government agencies.
The relevance of organizing SARAWAK INVITATIONAL CREATIVE ARTS & FILM TOURISM INDUSTRY AWARDS 2022?
- The current situation of COVID 19 and recent big floods had ravaged the economy (by which tourism industry suffers the most) as well as the livelihood of ordinary citizens. This award giving ceremony is formulated to give fresh hopes and new beginning for those in creative and tourism economic sectors, including recognizing the efforts done by the government agencies and it’s GLCs.
- This award ceremony shall make people feel that their work is valued. It shows approval and gratitude for each person's good job, and it makes people aware that good work will be rewarded. Receiving an award boosts a person or organization's worth in their field. The title 'Award winning' carries connotations of reputation and expertise – something that's priceless in any line of work.
- An award can boost organization's reputation, setting it "apart from the crowd." The award can also give organization’s employees a morale boost by highlighting their achievements.
The Concept Idea of SARAWAK INVITATIONAL CREATIVE ARTS & FILM TOURISM INDUSTRY AWARDS 2022
- CONTEST FORMAT CATEGORIES
- INDIVIDUAL AWARDS CATEGORIES
- SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD FOR BOTH CORPORATE SECTORS & GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- SPECIAL MENTION AWARD CATEGORIES
SICAFA2022 or SARAWAK INVITATIONAL CREATIVE ARTS & FILM TOURISM AWARDS FESTIVAL was previously known as SARAWAK INTERNATIONAL CREATIVE ARTS & FILM TOURISM INDUSTRY AWARDS. The event initially was supposed to be held on 24th October 2022 but later has been postponed to 16th December 2022 due to :
- Difficulty in getting government grants (either state or federal) since we do not have any political connections
- Not enough corporate sponsorship
- Our dinner table selling campaign has also hit a snag.
- In the new millennium, award giving ceremonies should be part of social development program that touches on gender inequality and social exclusion, by looking at skill of cooperation between non governmental organizations with both government and private sector in executing public policies for the community. The involvement of NGO in helping private sector through Social Development Program is vital as they know the best when it comes to community programs.
- Running this sort of event help to encourage community engagement in a larger scale and the involvement of private sector will pave way for better future interaction between the staffs and community
- Sarawak International Creative Arts & Film Tourism Industry Awards 2022 is the best platform for any organization to gain both huge reputation and wide publicity mileage among the Asean business sectors. Involving in SICAFA2022 shall be any organization’s benchmark into national and international recognition
- SICAFA2022 as part of culture tourism program shall put MALAYSIA as a leader and pioneer of film tourism industry in South East Asia region, by which this event would be able to attract foreign direct investment through film shooting and production activities, including to promote Malaysian Culture to international stage through creative and performing arts
- SICAFA2022 is an official platform to encourage creative arts and film tourism as sub sector of tourism industry in Malaysia. It aspires in assisting every Malaysian state and region to be filmmaking destination, which is very different from the rest of film festivals or awards, either abroad or locally that pride in the glamour world of celebrities or creative content industry. SICAFA2022 is a culture tourism award that prides in building an international branding for MALAYSIA, putting the nation in the worldwide map of creative economy and filmmaking destination
- SICAFA2022 shall put MALAYSIA as a role model for other countries in South East Asia, by developing film tourism industry as one of the income earner for the nation
- SICAFA2022 shall be an official platform for the establishment of international film tourism agency (the 1st in South East Asia) to be based in Malaysia, with links to the rest of film commission worldwide
- SICAFA2022 would be able to generate huge publicity, the contribution of the participating industries which are related to creative economy and creates new business as well as employment opportunities for Malaysian people in general. Thus, this event is also designed to get financial backing from international business and corporate community to assist in reviving the tourism industry in Sarawak due to Covid-19 situations
- SICAFA2022 shall pave the way for local tourism industry in the country by endorsing locations and destinations suitable for international film shooting to foreign based filmmakers as well as attracting international filmmakers and movie fans from all over the world to come to MALAYSIA
- SICAFA2022 shall provide an official platform for MALAYSIA to be declared as INTERNATIONAL FILMMAKING DESTINATION
Goal 1 - Event Venue/Lighting/Sound. Amount Needed: MYR35,000.00
Goal 2 - Food Catering. Amount Needed: MYR55,000.00
Goal 3 - Man Power/Performers/Celebrities attendance. Amount Needed: MYR60,000.00
CONTRIBUTION FOR SICAFA2022