by hajar aisyah
Raised of MYR 1,000.00 target.
I called to join this campaign as Hongjoong, the leader of ATEEZ donated 10 Million won towards the 'Dreaming Children project' with hope the donation will shine a light on ATINY ( ATEEZ fans ) and help children achieve their dreams in the future. Not only that, ATEEZ already donate 100 Million won to aid victims of Itaewon tragedy and been revealed by the Hope Bridge Korea Disaster Relief Association. On 30 November 2022, a massive crowd crush during Halloween celebrations in the Itaewon neighborhood of Seoul left 156 people dead and many others injured. Great attitude showed by ATEEZ make me and my ATINY friends to join campaign and help Sabah's rural families sustain with food security.
Its hard to believe anyone could go hungry in Malaysia. However, with the national circuit breaker in place because of COVID-19, thousands of people are losing access to meals. From low-income children amd families to isolated seniors.
Dire Issues Faced By The Rural Sabah Community
1. Due to the Remoteness, Scattered Villages, Underdeveloped Transport, Poor Utilities and Covid-19 Concerns, rural villagers are unable to buy daily groceries from town, making them heavily reliant on farming their own crops for self-consumption.
2. Job loss and high living costs in the city have forced people and their families to return to their rural villages and they are solely relying on Farming as their only means to Eat, Earn and Live.
3, Long-term Monoculture Farming (growing only one type of crop such as rubber and palm oil) and a lack of water supply causes soil in these villages to be Infertile with Poor Nutrition.
4. Rural families do not have the proper skills, knowledge and materials for sustainable farming. In the long-term, this results in not having enough daily food and nutrients. FOOD INSECURITY occurs causing Imbalanced Diets and Poor Health, especially for children.
5. Continuous poverty and unemployment have Worsened Rural Livelihoods. Families now depend on Unsustainable External Aid (Food Bags) to live instead of growing their own food.
Donation will be used to give financial support and empower the rural community with the skills, knowledge and tools needed to start green, sustainable small-scale farming, families are able to make use of their own land to improve their Long-term Food Security - Growing Own Food For Self-Consumption And Sustainable Livelihoods.
1) Families clear land and set-up farms with the tools and long-lasting materials given.
2) Utilising the rural community’s gravity water system, families are able to Fertilise The Land (using hugelkultur method) and start Growing Diverse Crops (seedlings).
3) Introduction Of Chicken And Fish Farming as reliable protein sources to families who excel in farming. Materials are given to set-up chicken coops / fish tanks.
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”
YOUR DONATION BRING HUGE IMPACT TO RURAL COMMUNITY IN SABAH
1) Enables rural families to grow a variety of fresh vegetables, fish and chicken for Self-Consumption; better nutrition intake in their daily diets leads to Improved Health and Children’s Development.
2) Villagers are able to take advantage of Green Farming Methods, such as Vermicomposting (worm fertiliser) for free to further enhance crop health, quality and harvest; reducing natural waste for Zero Wastage, while moving away from harmful traditional farming methods that pollute the environment.
3) Families are able to Increase Savings as food and farming costs are reduced. Additionally, rural families do not need to travel during this pandemic for food as they will have a Constant Food Supply Available Any Time at home, especially during food crises
4) Excess produce does not go to waste as it is Sold Within The Local Community or given to rural families in need of Food Aid; this improves the farmers’ household Income while also helping other underprivileged villagers with their Food Security.
5) By tackling the UN’s SDG 1 (No Poverty), SDG 2 (Zero Hunger), SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being) and SDG 15 (Life on Land), empowered rural farming families are able to reach Food Self-Sufficiency Sustainably and Improve Their Livelihoods for the long-term future.
HELP US TO REACH TARGET RM3000 AND HELP RURAL COMMUNITY TO SUSTAIN AND SAY NO TO STARVING!
Raised of MYR 1,000.00 target.