Raised of MYR 500,000.00 target.
VoteMalaysia is an non-partisan coalition of Malaysian youth groups from all over the globe in collaboration with UNDI18. After witnessing the failings of the existing postal voting system, especially during the 2022 Johor State Election, the VoteMalaysia initiative was established in order to coordinate postal voting on a global scale for the upcoming 15th General Election as well as to voice out the concerns of all Malaysians overseas to the Election Commisison. We aim to collect 50,000 postal ballots from all over the world and aim to raise RM500,000 to cover the costs of operations and logistics throughout the period of GE15.
*VoteMalaysia is a coalition of the following youth organisations:*
1. Persatuan Pengundi Muda (UNDI 18)
2. Malaysian Students’ Global Alliance (MSGA)
3. Malaysian Students’ Council of Australia (MASCA)
4. United Kingdom and Eire Council for Malaysian Students (UKEC)
5. National Assembly of Malaysian Students in America (NAMSA)
6. Majlis Perundingan Mahasiswa Malaysia Mesir (MP3M)
7. Malaysian Student Association in Türkiye (MASAT)
8. Malaysian Students’ Association in Japan (MSAJ)
9. Persatuan Mahasiswa Malaysia Maghribi (PMMM)
10. Kesatuan Penuntut Undang-Undang di United Kingdom dan Ireland (KPUM)
11. Badan Perhubungan United Kingdom (BPN UK)
12. Badan Perhubungan Ireland (BPI)
13. Malaysian Democratic Alliance UK (DEMOKRATIK)
14. Institut Demokrasi & Emansipasi Anak Muda (IDEA Belia)
VoteMalaysia aims to facilitate the process of sending postal ballots from overseas to the respective counting stations in Malaysia with the help of students, volunteers, and overseas Malaysians.
Let's bring back 50,000 postal votes!
Raised of MYR 500,000.00 target.
Undi18 is a Malaysian youth movement that successfully advocated for the amendment of Article 119(1) of the Federal Constitution to reduce the minimum voting age in Malaysia from 21 to 18 years old. We started off as a student movement in 2016, under the umbrella of the Malaysian Students’ Global Alliance. This gave us access to numerous Malaysian student/youth organizations across the world and throughout Malaysia. We officially launched with a memorandum to Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in April 2017.
Throughout the years, we have organized numerous town halls, forums and public engagements to raise awareness on youth democratic representation and lowering the voting age. We have also engaged with politicians from multiple sides of the political divide, where we presented our case for the lowering of the voting age in Malaysia. We believe that youth empowerment transcends political lines.
In July 2019, with the support of YB Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman (the former Minister of Youth and Sports), we managed to advocate for a historic Constitutional Amendment to lower the voting age in Malaysia. It was the first time in history where a Constitutional Amendment received 100% of votes in the Upper and Lower Houses of Parliament.
Undi18 (Persatuan Pengundi Muda) is a registered National Organization under the Malaysian Registry of Societies with a registration number of PPM-008-14-27092018. We are a social enterprise focusing on voter education and youth public policy engagement.